Friday, April 8, 2011

State of the Quests

#1: Exercise and Eat Smart - I have not achieved daily thirty minute activity. But, I have made better food choices, and have lost 15 pounds.

#2: Punctuality - I was late (again) today. If I had a nickel every time I apologized for being late, Husband would be far less annoyed with me. I have learned to call ahead and give people warning. Although Husband won't admit it, I'm pretty sure he set my alarm clock ahead a few minutes after daylight savings went into effect a few weeks ago. However, on the whole, I think I have to accept that I'm just not a punctual person. You have been warned, so plan accordingly.

#3: Cherish the Moment - I really enjoyed the Teenager's graduation, and have consciously tried to embrace the idea of cherishing the moment in other situations where joy-stealers about.

#4: The Daughter Dare - One of the the best quests, and one I'm continually picking up again and again. The Daughter is a wonderful girl, and our relationship has improved a lot in the past year.

#5: The Scary Room - Um... still scary...

#6: Europe - It was a blast! I hope to relive that quest again before I turn 40!

#7: Eat Cheap - I am doing marginally better at this as well. Eating cheap goes hand in hand with eating less, so while I have a way to go yet, I think there's hope.

#8: Eliminate Back Pain - I am still struggling with this. My newest idea? I purchased a "True Back" traction board. But the best idea also goes hand in hand with losing weight... finding time to exercise! Oh Wii fit, how I miss you!

#9: Weightwatcher Points - Yeah, I noticed last week they charged me for another month of membership, and I haven't counted points for a month now, so I have half a mind to cancel... but then again, I'm only halfway to my goal weight...

#10: Simplify My Calendar - Also doing better on this. Having a calendar on my phone has made scheduling much easier and more accurate.

#11: Paralyzed by Perfection - I'm sure I will always struggle with this. But as I continue to focus on Christ's approval instead of the world's, I find I am able to make tiny improvements. Bit by bit.

#12: Storing Treasure in Heaven - I would like to think I am becoming less enamored with material things, but then I consider my house wish list and I know i have a long ways to go. I am more sensitive to the voice that reminds me to be generous with what I have been given, and to lend freely to others. Another quality I hope I can develop more strongly.

#13: Connect with Christ - I have continued to meet with Christ in prayer for thirty minutes each day, and it has made a change in me. As we wait for God's direction, Husband and I have developed a lot of character (meaning we've grown closer to each other and to God, but like most growth, it's been painful!).


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)