Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quest #10: Simplify My Calendar

I feel a little frazzled. It's nothing to worry about - yet.

The signs of being overbooked began this week. I am regularly attending class unprepared. I have an inability to schedule events unless the other person guesses a time that is open on my calendar. I am continually "remembering" things that are relatively important. I am having to back out of events I initiate because I double-book myself.

A few years ago I bought "Simplify Your Life" by Marcia Ramsland. Marcia suggested that, from Monday through Thursday, plan to be home two evenings. The same for Friday through Sunday. Therefore, three nights per week should be spent at home.

A look at my past seven days reveals I am one evening short. There was a fantasy football draft, Dairy Queen run with ChoirFriend, date night with Husband, and night classes. Looking ahead, I already have my four evenings scheduled: Thursday dinner with SuperSaver and SuperDuper, date night with Husband on Saturday night, and night class on Monday and Tuesday night. My quest is to say NO to any other evening activity that is offered. I am always tempted to cheat on what time "evening" begins, so...

Quest 10: To be home by 5 p.m. three of the next seven days.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)