Monday, September 6, 2010

Right Meow.

Husband, daughter and I loaded up to visit Teenager. We were all very excited to see him again! It had been five long days without him :-)

He is considering joining the rowing team, so we had to nix the state fair (no sense paying $44 for us to go if we aren't staying for at least 8 hours). Instead, we wandered around the mall, found size 13-14 shoes, and had lunch at Perkins.

For the most part, the teenager seems the same. He has made many acquaintances that have strong potential to be friends. All seemed business as usual until he ran out of raspberry ice tea.

Teenager: "Where is the waitress? I want more raspberry ice tea. Right meow."
[Pause]
Me: "Did you just say, Right meow?"

Where did this come from? For those of you who are great movie buffs who can recite dialogue from any movie in the past twenty years, you know this comes from Super Troopers. I was never a great movie buff, and had to listen to my friend Twinsfan as she recited the nimbly-bimbly part every time I asked her, "Did you just say meow?"

So there you have it. My teenager has now reached a higher level of movie consciousness than I. I should really say, has already reached a higher level - it's only been five days! (And yes, THH, I know you're surprised it took him that long. Go watch Munich again).


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)