Sunday, September 12, 2010

Three Kleenex Night

I still miss the Teenager.

Daughter and I have a funny game going on. She will be sad and look at me and say, "I miss brother!" And then I'll pretend to cry and wail, "I MISS HIM TOO!" And then she'll console me (in terms we have taught her all summer): "Don't cry mom. He'll visit. Thanksgiving, Christmas." It works well - she remains calm and reassures herself while I, er, PRETEND to freak out.

Tonight Husband and I told Teenager he should call or skype - for his sister's sake. It was fun to see the Teenager, but the connection wasn't great: we were talking on the phone while seeing him on skype. It was complicated and not a great situation for carrying on a conversation. Basically, we saw him enough to be really sad when we hung up, but failed to communicate anything meaningful.

After Daughter went to bed, Husband and I reveled in our sadness, watching sad country music videos on youtube. I had a good cry, and am now ready to face the week. I've decided, based on a general poll of people who have children, that I am allowed to text the Teenager. I want to ask him the names of his new friends so I can facebook stalk and google them, but I think that's crossing the line. Let me get back to you after another general poll...


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)