Friday, September 10, 2010

On the fourth day...

On the fourth day, she gave in.

Today I texted the teenager. I just had to. I was driving along (stop judging me) and yes, if he hadn't been on the bus I would have called him. I have had no contact since Monday night. What I wanted was to kidnap him and take him home with me. What I did was have a nice text-chat while commuting to school (don't judge).

ChoirFriend's mom provided some excellent insight. When ChoirFriend told her I missed the teenager more than he missed me, she said "Fabulous!" When I looked confused, she added, "It's much better that way then the other way around."

Good point.

SuperDuper also had some kind words today, reminding me that he is doing what we raised him to do, and that we would be far more upset if he was 40 and still living at home. LawLady, LegallyBlond and Casanova provided support as well. Daughter's Wednesday-Friday para, Stitches, reassured my slightly guilty conscience that it was OK to text the teenager this morning.

Some extra-special encouragement came from PrayingMom, a friend who I don't see nearly enough. She sent me a special message today, and it meant a lot. It was such a surprise, totally unexpected, and very reassuring to know that people are praying and you have no idea. It inspired me to "pass along" the gift of encouragement to those in my life who I might not interact with regularly, but who God places on my heart to pray for. PrayingMom's note, that she thought of me and prayed for me (and that she read my blog!) was a total blessing to my day. Thanks PrayingMom!


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)