Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thoughts

1. Yesterday was daughter's first day as a sophomore! It was strange to take the first day of school picture on the porch without the teenager. But, daughter looks so grown up. We are having some great Mother-Daughter moments in the morning. Today was a sad moment, when she needed a hug because she missed the teenager. Also, since daughter and I pack our lunches together in the morning, I have packed a lunch for two days straight!

2. Yesterday, between classes, I ran to the U of M to drop off 50+ mini-bags of puppy chow that husband and I prepared together for a sorority picnic (I'm on the alumni board). Teenager walked down and I gave him a bag filled with things, mostly food, that I forgot to bring Monday. I tried to be brief. Almost everyone I talk to has given me a mini-lecture about "letting him go," that I need to stop visiting him so often and communicating with him, etc. So I've made a pact with myself that I will not initiate contact so that he has his space. (But teenager, if you're reading this, I will respond when you contact me! I just can't initiate it!!!!)

3. Yesterday, I also got to spend some time with Hol-dog and her sister, B-dog. Hol-dog was one of my closest sorority sisters. We are kindred spirits. When we are together, we laugh until we cry. Her sister, B-dog, is a U of M upperclassmen who promised she would look out for the teenager. In light of my new pact, I am very thankful SOMEONE is looking out for him, even if it is the wild-and-crazy B-dog, who very well might introduce teenager to more trouble than if he was left to his own devices... (Just kidding B-dog!)

4. Today I was a reader for St. Thomas' Interfaith Blessing. I was honored to be asked, and read Phillipians 4:4-8.

5. I am really tired. I am currently a slave to my schedule. I need to start saying no or I'm going to burn out before the month is over!

1 comment:

  1. 4. I love this passage. I read it often... especially when my minds starts to get away from me.

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)