Monday, July 26, 2010

Quest #7: Eat Cheap

My next 10-day quest is to see how cheaply I can eat. My lunch receipt pile is not only thick, it is dense in terms of money spent. My mom always said I had expensive taste, and sadly it has become a literal truth.

Some methods I am going to use to trim down my big lunch spending: packing a lunch (ideal), foregoing the extra sides and drinks, and using coupons, giftcards, punchcards, etc.

An optimistic bonus is that eating less expensively might translate into eating more healthy!

A quick update on the other quests:

Quest #1: 30 minutes of exercise and not eating when full. I am 0/2 today (we had macaroni and cheese and hotdogs, and there was NO mac and cheese in Europe!)

Quest #2: Punctuality. I am still riding the bus, and throughout Europe I was generally pretty punctual.

Quest #3: 12 Days of Graduation. Our last summer! Daughter tells the Lord each night that she is sad her brother is going to college. Tear!

Quest #4: The Daughter Dare. While jet lag is not good for my patience level, absence does make the heart grow fonder - In Germany, I saw a teenage girl with Down syndrome, walking very slowly as her father more or less pulled her along, and deep down I wish I was pulling my daughter around the streets of Rotenburg!

Quest #5: The Scary Room. Is still scary. Sigh!

Quest #6: Europe... was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)