Sunday, January 23, 2011

Manicures

First, I had nothing worry about. I lost 2 pounds in spite of myself!

Second, I have developed a new obsession. My nails. A few weeks ago, teenager went to get his haircut so I went nextdoor and got a French manicure. No acrylics, just a fresh manicure on my natural nails. Of course, within days I chipped a nail, but I had some old white polish from a home French manicure set lying around, and I repaired it myself. It wasn't perfect, but it sufficed.

For a week, I repaired my nails and top-coated them. But tonight, the damage was too much, and I had to take the polish off. But as I stared at my naked, natural nails, I became determined. As I looked at my home French manicure set, I realized now was the time. So this evening, I invested an hour into giving myself a home manicure.

The problem is that I'm an OCD freak. For being Asian, I have surprisingly little natural talent at painting within my nail bed. And despite using the cheating stickers, my French tip is not nearly as crisp as the professional's.

Oh well. I figure channeling my OCD energy into my nails benefits Daughter and Husband, my usual OCD victims.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving me a good laugh there. I needed it today. Does it make me racist that I chuckled at the Asian/natural talent line there? Crap. Anyway, strange but true - I have never had my nails done by a pro. I used to paint them (poorly) myself quite a bit but haven't since before nursing school. I actually bought some nail polish today before reading your blog. Weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Wife, I still remember the time we were playing with those fabulous horses of yours at your house, where you could draw on them with nail polish, and we dumped like half a bottle onto the living room rug. Bright pink. I fear the day karma comes rolling around...

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)