Monday, January 3, 2011

Quest #9: WeightWatchers 2011

I've joined WeightWatchers Online. Today, for the first time this year, I ate within my point allotment. I am quite proud of myself. Day 1 was Portzilki. Day 2 was movie theater popcorn and family dinner out (scallops and a loaded baked potato... mmmmmm... and chocolate lava cake...).

But today was different. After growing mold on the couch for the past week, I rejoined the world of the working. Routines make healthy life choices (as opposed to the four-letter-D-word) a little easier. Also, Teenager is making healthy life choices as well, and has committed himself to cooking this week's dinners from the WeightWatchers Cookbook. Tonight was Tortellini and Prosciutto in a (fake) cream sauce. Yum.

I enjoyed Dan's take on New Year's Resolutions: "Goals with Guidelines." Going one step further, I have reduced resolutions to "expectations" (things that I will have to try really hard to prevent from happening) and "goals" (things that may not happen, but I'll try). Expectation: I will celebrate my 30th birthday this year. Goal: I will be 30 pounds lighter at that time. Expectation: I will graduate law school this year. Goal: I will run a 5K. (OK honestly that's not even really a goal yet, just something I thought of as I was driving to work this morning).


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)