Friday, January 21, 2011

Scary Scale

I am afraid.

In one week, I have dined out at Caribou, Noodles & Company, and Burger Joes; I have ordered in Dominoes Pizza; and have attended two events with plated hors d'oeuvres. How can the scale possibly be my friend this morning?

Cousin MusicMom invited me to a reception and show at Orchestra Hall last night. I hesitated on the concert itself. To me, instrumental music is background music - appropriate when driving, or getting a massage, etc. The idea is that you are doing something else while the music plays. Whenever I am supposed to simply listen to music, my mind wanders and suddenly I have a "to-do" list as long as my arm yet I am trapped in the social-prison of an auditorium. It is torture.

However, I learned during the reception that the production was the opera, The Magic Flute. AND that there would be large puppets. I was sold.

I enjoyed the show beyond my expectations. There is a mini-screen that translates the German, the costumes (and puppets) are pretty amazing, the singing was fabulous... and the orchestra was lovely (I venture to say, because it was in the background).

Enough procrastinating. Time to hop on the scale.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)