Friday, January 28, 2011

You CAN have your cake and eat it too!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5


The posting has been a bit sporadic, I admit. As I explained to ChoirFriend yesterday, some days all I have is randomness... who wants to read that? She assured me that she did, so today's random post is dedicated to ChoirFriend...

For two reasons! The second being that yesterday was the last day of chemo, and we celebrated with CAKE. ChoirFriend, you are amazing - the worst leg of the journey is over. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers; the lumpectomy is scheduled for February, with radiation treatment afterwards.

Wednesday night husband made spaghetti. Spaghetti is my most favorite meal. I could eat a pound. I could win contests. I tried really hard not to totally binge eat. Espcially considering...

I had spaghetti Tuesday night as well, at SuperDuper's home. SD's oldest daughter, Evita (not her real name... or is it?) put on a fashion show of Disney-princess dresses, and I was a guest bed-time reader of Dr. Suess's Fox in Socks. It was a wonderful, wholesome evening.

My Monday story is that I learned the importance of comfortable footwear in the skyways. The walk from the parking ramp to the city attorney's office is about a mile one way. Apparently my wussy feet can't handle that, and by the end of my shift at the courthouse I was limping back to the office. How on earth was I going to traverse the remaining mile back to the ramp?

I texted LawLady "HELP ME" and she responded with a panicked phone call - "WHAT'S WRONG?" Oops. Perhaps I should reserve all caps for life or death situations... She was unable to give me a ride back to the ramp, but assured me that she has also walked through the skyways without shoes on, and any woman who saw me was sure to be sympathetic.

So the walk of shame began. I tried to imagine people were not noticing my feet, but then I would try and imagine someone walking towards me without shoes, and I was pretty sure they were noticing. But when I walked by my salon, I had a sudden burst if inspiration! I walked in, explained I was a loyal customer, and that I could really use some pedicure flip-flops.

And wouldn't you know, I walked perhaps two more blocks and ran into a classmate, who asked me if I had just gotten a pedicure. Looking at my broken, blistered feet I had to laugh - yeah, the pedicure of Pus.

But back to cake. This morning was "weigh-in" Friday, and I am proud to report that I lost 2.2 pounds that, combined with my previous weigh loss, equals a loss of over 10% of my original body weight! Weightwatchers goal #1 - done! I was prepared to be disappointed this morning in light of my spaghetti-and-cake-fest, but I'm realizing that a few key changes are making a big difference. I don't drink pop with calories, I eat a salad once a day, and I force myself to walk to work in the skyways. Loving that I can have my cake, eat it too, and still lose 2.2 pounds!


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)