Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bloated Sheep Fail

Apparently, Teenager is NOT committed to cooking everything out of the Weightwatchers cookbook. Tonight he made Tator-tot Hotdish. He made no accommodations. He used whole milk. He didn't use fat free soups. He spared cheese, but I added that on my own (who can eat tator-tot hotdish without cheese?).

So there I was. I had four points left. I had just consumed my 8-point serving of tator-tot hotdish, as well as my salad and green beans. All I had to do was cut myself half a serving, and I would finish the day at maximum point value.

As I stood over the pan, spatula in hand, Fat Pam began whispering.

"You know, these pieces are getting pretty small. This pan was supposed to be divided 12 ways... Pretty sure that this little end piece here is nowhere near a serving size..."

I scooped a half-section onto my plate. But I noticed that there was another small pile of tator-tots protruding like a lonely peninsula into the pan.

"Look at that little bit. If you ate that little pile, then there would be a nice, neat and organized row left. I'm positive these piles don't equate to 1/12 of the pan."

I scooped up the other half. Instantly, I felt regret. I thought about putting it back into the pan.

"You're sick! You don't want people getting your germs!"

I thought about giving the pile to the dog, or throwing it away.

"THINK OF THE POOR CHILDREN IN ETHIOPIA!"

I thought about not adding the rest of the cheese I had set aside.

"Who can eat tator-tot hotdish without cheese?"

Convinced there was nothing I could do, I sat down and ate the hotdish. The entire, cheesy pile. And now I'm bloated sheep full. Its preposterous that Fat Pam is so dang persuasive! I'm pretty sure I sat down with a "half-serving" that was larger than my initial serving. I must enjoy torturing myself. Only a sick, sadistic person voluntarily puts oneself on a diet, dutifully records and researches point values, allows oneself to KNOWINGLY DELUDE herself regarding portion size, turns around and enters the excessive point value into the log, and then blogs about it on the interweb.

In short, I went over my point limit today.

1 comment:

  1. You are not sick.
    You are not sadistic.
    Blogging is healthy (and fun)!
    And you are awesome.

    Love, sisu

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)