Saturday, February 12, 2011

Glasses

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6


The eye doctor prescribed new lenses for both Daughter and me. I am practically blind, so much that we are having problems finding contact lenses powerful enough for me. I'm scared of lasic due to a college speech class, where one student explained in detail how you are awake as a machine sits on your eye and cuts the top layer and there is immense pain during various parts of the procedure. Sign me up when I can get knocked out.

Daughter had glasses prescribed a few years ago, but she developed a "Grandma" habit of looking over her glasses while talking, reading, etc. Previously, the eye doctor said it would be OK if she stopped wearing them all the time as long as she wore them when reading. But this time around, Daughter had enough of a shift in her vision that the eye doctor said she needed to wear glasses all the time. Daughter was not thrilled about this news, but once the new lenses came she wandered around the house exclaiming, "I CAN SEE!" She still tries to leave them behind from time to time, but overall she seems to be adjusting just fine.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)