Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Like Her.

Today in court, a pro-se defendant was telling my supervising attorney about an incident a few months ago in the courtroom, and in an attempt to sound very reliable, he began describing the people in the room.

"Yeah, I remember the attorney. He was a short guy. Dark hair. Chubby."

I giggled.

"There was a woman too. Curly hair. She was bigger, too. Like her."

Guess who he pointed to? I was no longer giggling. (You know the face that Jim makes to the camera on The Office, when Dwight says something really weird? Yeah, I made that face to my imaginary camera in the back of the courtroom).

Oh well. I need a little motivation. I'm falling off the wagon fast. Today I was so late getting in to work (and yes, I'm late coming in five miles as opposed to seventy-five miles. I've already learned the distance is not to blame...) that I drove downtown, cutting my round-trip, school-to-court walk from three miles to a mere one mile. While the heated garage was lovely at the end of the day, the $19 fee was a bit painful...

Thanks to AngelOwner, who encouraged me to write a post tonight. She is such a loyal reader! Sunday through Tuesday nights are so busy, it's hard to fit in blog-time. The amount of activities packed into those three evenings is enough to pop a button right off... kind of like SuperSaver's jacket button popping off after an evening at Khan's Mongolian Barbecue (In her defense, she is due in March, and generally she is the tiniest little thing. On a randomly related note, SuperSaver was in true form last night, telling me about the cost-effectiveness of cloth diapers versus disposables).

As it is, I am Not due in March, yet I am also apparently in danger of button-popping (or at least according to random pro-see defendants). But I find that my ability to make good food choices increases proportionately with the amount of sleep I get. So I'm going to try and get eight hours tonight - until tomorrow!


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

2 comments:

  1. Wow. All I can say is wow. I... With the... Routine conversation... Maybe raised by wolves... Who the... Sigh. If I think about this anymore, my brain is going to hurt. You are a very nice person. I wasn't even there and I'm offended and stammering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having my back Happy Wife! Serves me right for giggling when he described the other guy as chubby :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)