Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday 2011

Black Friday 2009, Teenager and I left the house in a hurry. We were late; we were supposed to pick up ChoirFriend five minutes prior, and then pick up the Teenager's new girlfriend. I was looking through my purse and running out the door when my Doc Martin's slipped on the frosty deck. I tried to catch myself and was somewhat successful - I planted my right leg, but the rest of me kept falling. I heard the snap. Husband and I barreled down country roads. To the hospital. For my broken leg.

Black Friday 2010, ChoirFriend swung into the driveway at 7:45 a.m. We were in a hurry. We weren't late, but that might be because ChoirFriend learned from last year and decided she would pick me up. I hopped into the car just after 8 a.m., and we barreled down the freeway. To the hospital. For ChoirFriend's chemo treatment.

ChoirFriend and I are not very happy with spending two consecutive Black Fridays in the hospital. We decided that Black Friday 2011, we are going to take full advantage of the day. We are going to get up early, be crazy shoppers, and make Teenager go with us to the Cheesecake Factory and a movie. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)