Monday, November 1, 2010

DRAMA QUEEN!

I'm passionate. I'm hot-tempered. And today I realize, I am a Drama Queen.

My Drama Queen coronation process began about a year ago. THH told me I was a Drama Queen in the first degree. I was offended. Nobody wants to be known as someone who exaggerates, overreacts and is generally an emotional roller-coaster. I'd like to say I calmly refuted his argument with well-thought out responses of my own. I'm more inclined to think that, in a show of how un-Drama-Queen I was, I yelled and then stomped out of the room. Or pouted while pretending to work on my laptop.

Ever since then, I have begun to notice that, in the heat of the moment, I truly believe my life is about to irreparably change forever. When I put the Drama Crown on, I am capable of believing that any and every important relationship I have ever had is about to end (not all at the same time.. well, not usually); or that minor mistakes are going to Ruin my grades, my jobs prospects, my happiness for the next 40 years; or that any potential change is an inevitable change for the worse and we are all going to live in misery forever (or sometimes just me. Life is more depressing when everyone else is happy and I'm the only one writhing in the pit of despair).

It works the other way too. When I was dating, every relationship was my ultimate true love that people wrote movies and books about. Every holiday is the best holiday ever. Every reconciliation deserved its own Hallmark movie.

The long and short of being a bonafide Drama Queen is that EVERYTHING is a big deal! On the plus side, I am great in a team huddle. The crown sparkles as I tell my players that this next play is the play that will define the rest of their season, the rest of their athletic career, and possibly the rest of their Life. On the not so great side, I act a bit, er, irrationally when under the influence of the crown. See here for a prime example.

Maybe now that I own that I am a Drama Queen, I will be better about managing it. By managing it, I mean avoid making life-altering decisions while under its influence. At the same time, I realize my self-induced drama adds to my irrational crazy charm. (Seriously, who wants to read a sane person's blog? Boring!)


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)