Monday, November 8, 2010

I'M LISTENING GOD!

God has been calling me. I have been ignoring him for the better part of three months or so. And I realized the other day that the last time I ignored God's call... He broke my leg.

I admit, I'm not sure my theory is Biblically-sound. But in my mind, God was telling me to slow down, to stop chasing things I didn't have and to start chasing a closer relationship with Him. But I was far too busy for that!

The day after Thanksgiving 2009, I was rushing out of the house. I slipped on the frost (yes, the FROST) on my deck, and somehow managed to break my fibula as I tried to catch myself from my fall. For the next two months I was a prisoner in my own living room. I broke my driving leg, so I was house-bound; and even if I could get out, I was on some pretty heavy pain-killers so it wasn't really that fun anyways (instead of getting high, I got nauseous). Despite a good share of misery, I finally had time to reflect on what was really important, and to appreciate those who sacrificially loved me during the busy Holiday season.

I find myself back in the fray... with Thanksgiving right around the corner. I'm running around a lot, with little time to devote to my spiritual health. My lack of discipline in diet and exercise extends to spiritual practices of prayer and Bible reading. Recently, I was confronted with challenges as a mother and a wife, and I had to rely on Superfriends for spiritual support because I had run my own spiritual well bone-dry.

So, I'm listening God! I hear you loud and clear. You want me to refill the spiritual well. I'm at a loss at exactly what this means, but at the very least I know I need to set aside some time EVERY DAY to read the Bible and pray. Treasure in Heaven.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)