Saturday, November 6, 2010

Is This The Breaking Point?

As we've seen with other quests, it usually helps for me to come to a breaking point where things have gotten so out of hand that I am suddenly highly motivated to make a change.

Remember the initial purpose of this blog? Exercise and Eat Smart. A simple recipe for a healthy life. Instead, I have fallen into a gluttonous pattern of eating obscene amounts of food, to the point that even WITH my spanks people are wondering when my baby is due. And in case you're one who's wondering, I'M NOT PREGNANT.

To add insult to injury, when I complained to Husband, his idea of consolation was to say, "Well, if I was fatter I would be able to find pants that fit me." Apparently Old Navy didn't carry the 36" waist he needed. And then he proceeded to eat, I kid you not, approximately half of an 8 oz. brick of sharp cheddar cheese. He ate it like a freakin' candy bar.

Actually, now that I think of it, Husband is to blame for my weight woes. He recently quit smoking. (Yes! How exciting!) The downside is that now, instead of lighting up a cigarette, he eats a bag of popcorn; a package of Keebler cookies; or a Dilly Bar. He's always had an excellent metabolism and can handle eating all this extra crap. But guess who didn't kick a bad habit, has a horrible metabolism, yet thinks she can eat all this crap too?

But what do I do? I've made so many idle threats to change and get healthy that the teenager just laughs when I say I'm going to diet FOR REAL. Sigh! I need to watch this clip more.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)