Sunday, October 31, 2010

October Summary

Halloween was not too exciting at this end of town. We manned the door until 6 p.m., then met ChoirFriend and her dad for pizza. We ended the night eating Schwan's ice cream bars while admiring ChoirFriend's fabulous new red couches.

I had this really great idea. I would take a look at October, and then summarize how it went. Except, when I went to look at the past month's posts, I found this entry. Crap. Apparently I did this last month, and posted some goals... that I quickly forgot about.

I had stated that I wanted to:

1) Pack my lunch three times per week. I had a good start, but it fell apart after Fall Break. I have definitely improved in this area, though. I don't eat out as much, and when I do my choices are consciously more healthy and/or more economical.

2) Do my back exercises daily, for at least 10 minutes. Yeah, I haven't been doing them at all.

3) Minimum of 7 hours of sleep every night. Fail.

4) Think about any calendar event for 24 hours before adding it. While I am still overscheduled, I am more aware of the choices I make and how it will affect me. I generally don't get asked to do things on short notice anymore, thus avoiding the knee-jerk reaction of "yes, I can do that!" I realize I cannot add any more events to my schedule, and routinely delete or decline invitations.

5) Spend time with teenager during Homecoming, visit SweetNiece, and eat ice cream with ChoirFriend. I did spend time with the teenager during Homecoming, I did visit SweetNiece for her baptism, and tonight I ate ice cream (bars) with ChoirFriend! Woohoo! CHECK!

I did not invest in sleep or exercise, and I am feeling emotionally drained and fat. UGH. The month had some definite high points, but the past week has been pretty rough. I'm searching for the secret recipe to feeling good about how I spend my time. From October, I learned I need to return home earlier from long weekends to avoid a week's worth of catching up; that I need to "let things go" that I can't (or shouldn't) control; that my way isn't the only way (or the best way); and that I have really really good friends and family in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)