Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dear Phone. All Is Forgiven. Please Come Back.

Dear Phone,

Looking back, I can see why you left me. I'm sure you were tired of me dropping you as I got out of the car, forgetting that you were on my lap and then swearing as your battery flew across the parking lot. It wasn't right of me to call you a stupid phone when you dropped that call with my mom the other day. And I know I'm constantly implying that I wish you were smart. But phone, oh phone, now that you're gone...

I've been with your SIM card for 10 years! You were my first! We made a promise to each other! Please! I can't make it through the weekend without you!

All day, you were on my mind. This morning, when I wanted to call the office, I thought of you. When I wanted to call ChoirFriend to tell her to pick me up, I thought of you. When ChoirFriend, her mom and I arrived at the hospital, and I wanted to get coffee, but you could only use cash, and I had no cash, and there was a cash machine, but my pin is in your inbox because Husband had to text it to me when I was in Europe, I thought of you. When ChoirFriend wanted a picture of her getting her chemo, I thought of you. When I wanted to call Husband and see when he would be home, I thought of you. When I wanted to text co-coach, I thought of you.

At one point, I felt a phantom vibration in my pocket. I put my hand in my pocket... but you weren't there.

Today was a really crap-o day for you to throw this tantrum. ChoirFriend was getting chemo today and I really didn't have time to search for you. She did great, by the way, but she is also concerned that you left. Everyone is. Everyone who knows us understands that our separation is killing me. Or worse - slowly driving me crazy.

Phone, please come back. I'm sorry for the mean things I said about you. All is forgiven.

But let me say this. I'm not going to wait around forever. Phone, I'm giving you until Sunday night. And if you don't show up by then, I may be forced to do something drastic. Like buy a new phone. A smart phone. A google phone.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is out cavorting with my lost book?

    Totally stinks that it ran away on you. It might have been tired of being so un-smart and perhaps it couldn't handle the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey justkt, my phone did come out of the drawer to reunite with me. Maybe you should post an "all is forgiven" blog to your book...

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)