Monday, October 11, 2010

Food Thoughts

It is true that when you eat healthier on a more regular basis, your body begins to crave it. I can tell a difference in how I feel over the weekends, when I eat horribly, and during the week when I pack my lunch and eat a lot of salad bar.

Why does the salad bar taste so good, but salad at home seems so blah? I try to buy the same ingredients, but it never tastes as good. Maybe it's the poor lighting at my house, versus the bright lights of cafeterias and restaurants. Maybe it's because salad bars require zero effort from me besides eating, while home salads require preparation.

A major staple for me during the week is different forms of macaroni and cheese. I buy the EZ Mac, the Betty Crocker noodle bowls, I bring leftover Kraft and Velveeta shells. I order mac and cheese off many menus. I wonder if I'm on the verge of being sick of mac and cheese...

I hid my bananas under a towel last week to hide them from the fruit flies. But now they are kind of old and overripe. (Out of sight, out of mind). I am afraid to look under the towel and see how I've wasted my bananas. So I will let them sit under the towel another day.

There is a giant gummy bear in my fridge. I am kind of sick of seeing it. Husband admitted this weekend it isn't as fun to eat the gummy bear alone. Feel free to come over and eat gummy bear with us. (And yes KT, I still have your bar of chocolate!!!)

And these are random food thoughts.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)