Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gleeful *Spoiler Alert!* & Small Group

Tonight Daughter and I watched last night's Glee off of the Internet. I was very excited, having not seen it yet. The show comes on and Daughter says, "Father." I say yes, that's his father. She looks at me and says, "He dies."

Great. Apparently Daughter saw the show last night.

Surprisingly, the father didn't die after all. I did my share of crying anyways. When Sue talks about her sister with Down syndrome, and how she used to pray every night that God would make her sister better, I started bawling. Daughter, not understanding why I'm crying (or maybe totally understanding), runs over to me and says "It's OK mother! Shhhh. It's OK!" (Click here to see some footage, to a song, of Sue, her sister, and Becky)

It is really neat to be able to see Down syndrome portrayed in such a cool way in prime time. I have a lot of Sue in me. Over the past few months I have been having a lot of growth in how I view Daughter, and her contributions to society. She has an amazing gift for touching hearts. Tonight, she again had a "Super Prayer," where she is so excited about what she is saying that she can barely contain all her job. I began to pray like her, to tease her, but as I continued I began to feel happier. Try it sometime. Drop the "holy voice," and belt out every word! Laugh and smile and burst with joy as you talk to God.

On another note, tonight I went to Small Group with KatWoman, ShowGirl, and HotNurse. We've been meeting for three weeks, and tonight was really fun. We laughed until we cried! It's great to meet with real women who allow you to share your heart.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)