Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Update in Under 100 Words (with a postscript)

Friday night: I was with Hol-dog at a meeting. I am the alumni vice president of my undergrad sorority.
Saturday: The whole family, including the teenager, made the three hour trek south for SweetNiece's baptism. Husband and I were asked to be godparents - what an honor! On the way down we stopped and got the teenager fitted for a suit. He is joining a fraternity, the same fraternity Husband was in. He looked so mature!
Sunday: The baptism. All my siblings were in attendance, minus my brother-in-law.
Monday: LawLady and I went to my first Wild hockey game.

P.S. I am also struggling with Daughter. Her behaviors, while likely influenced by her own feelings of insecurity due to the teenager leaving, are driving me CRAZY. Her behaviors, combined with the teenager's absence and subsequent additional supervisory responsibilities, are driving me CRAZY. When I say crazy, I mean all-out, breakdown-in-the-bathroom-crying-in-the-middle-of-the-night crazy.

All mom's have been there (so I've been told), and felt those murderous thoughts (so I've been told). To Moms everywhere, and mom's of special needs children - you are not alone! One thing that got me through one of the darkest nights I can remember was pushing myself to call my support network. It's hard for me to admit (1) I can't do it myself and (2) that I'm not perfect. To call a friend in my time of need, which unfortunately for them is midnight, requires both (1) and (2). But it was worth it. I know my heart's hope has been restored by prayer, by loving friends and family, and Husband. This topic requires a post of its own, but this summary will suffice for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)