Saturday, October 9, 2010

Midnight Snack

The teenager came home this weekend, for the first time since he left for college!

The car ride home was great. I had a captive audience for the hour commute home, and it was a nice conversation. Family dinner was fabulous. He left to go to the Homecoming football game. I fell asleep on the couch, so Husband and I went to bed at 9 p.m. Woohoo!

Two hours later I wake up to the dog barking. What the... oh yeah, the teenager must be home! So I get up, and we have a nighttime chat just like the old days. Advice for mothers of teenagers: Be available when they want to talk. Which in my case, meant getting up when he got home from work or whatever evening activity he participated in. I got myself some ice cream and a fuzzy blanket and listened as he chattered about life.

So now I'm going to bed, for the second time. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)