Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Out With The Old

Today was day one of my 2010 Clean Sweep. The living room is almost back to normal. I tried to convince Teenager we should put away Christmas decorations, but he resisted putting away Christmas before New Year's Day. Part of me agrees with him, so I let it go.

Most of my energy was focused on the kitchen. I threw out old food products (including some baking chocolate that expired in 2007) and rearranged the pantry. I made a shopping list for the Teenager, made the menu for the week, and even cooked supper. Ebunny, Husband's twin sister, stopped in and ate dinner with us. Husband joked that this was a very atypical evening, since I had actually cooked (Smart-aleck).

I like to create new systems for the year. So far, I have instituted the new pantry system. The new system consists of six bins, each on a separate shelf in the pantry, that are now labeled according to the Real Simple shopping list we utilize. Additionally, Daughter and Husband have a shared "Lunch Snack" drawer, with daughter's snacks in a smaller bin. All the snacks are taken out of their original packaging and mixed together. I'm curious to see if Husband and Daughter utilize the new system.

1 comment:

  1. When you're done with your clean sweep and your scary room, I have an office that needs to be tackled...

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)