Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Terror Trifecta Week

The past few weeks have been a little, er, hectic. Every day brought me closer to Terror Trifecta Week. And now it's here (well, I'm 2/3 done, but still).

First off, Terror Trifecta Week eve was spent with the Teenager in the cities. He joined Husband's undergraduate fraternity, and we were present for his induction. Husband was given the honor of reading the charge, basically the organization's mission that members will live lives of strong moral character. It was neat that Husband and Teenager could share that moment. Daughter was in teenager heaven. A whole house full of cute college guys? She actually ditched the Teenager to go sit in the parlor on the couch with the boys.

Sunday night involved an hour of volleyball coaching. I love coaching.

Monday my 3,000 word Crime and Punishment paper was due, as well as four weekly journals (the kind of thing you say to yourself, wow I should write one every week, instead of waiting until the day before they are due and writing four). Saturday's work paid off, and Monday was relatively stress-free. I did some editing, but it was all turned in by about 2 p.m.

Monday night was daughter's (and ChoirFriend's) choir concert. It went really well! I was so proud of daughter, she did a good job watching ChoirFriend, and I could tell she knew the songs very well. Her lips moved in synchronization with the choir, she had let me give her hair some volume with a blowdryer - she looked like a 16-almost-17 year old woman! And ChoirFriend, with her lovely and fashionable hat, did a fabulous job as well. Watching you on stage was inspiring, because you're such a survivor ChoirFriend!

Today was my "final" for Trial Ad class: Showcase my skills in a trial with partner HarryPotter. Harry and I have been friends since 1L year, and have always complemented each other (and complimented each other, but that's not what I meant). Tonight, my concrete-sequential bulldozer style with his abstract-random laid-back balance produced two verdicts in our favor!

I knew today was going to go well when I opened up my legal notepad and found a note from Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas: Nice Question!! (Short story, last year he visited law school and I had him sign my notebook. I'll tell the long story sometime soon).

So I'm about to head to the Spare Room, in anticipation of the final day: Small Firm presentations. After tomorrow, all I have left to do is learn a semester of Federal Income Tax in 12 days...

Oh dear.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for always filling my morning blog reading with mirth!

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)