Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 3: Three Layered Cake




See this beautiful cake? The only time in the past month that I drove below the speed limit was when I was transporting this beautiful creation from the cities to my home. If my own personal stress wasn't bad enough, as I drove white-knuckled a girlfriend calls (I know, how nervous could I be if I was still willing to take a phone call... blah blah blah) and starts telling me the story of how a woman she knew took a fast turn and plastered the wedding cake against the dashboard.

I slowed down another 5 MPH. Miraculously, the cake made it home safely.

My high school friend, Mary Bakes Cakes, is pretty amazing. She started off making cakes via Betty Crocker boxes for our get-togethers, and over the years became a self-taught cake-maker. As you can see from the above picture, this isn't your typical graduation sheet cake! Our luau guests had nothing but constant and consistent praise for the decorations and the quality. Besides the three-layered cake that my family will consume this week, she made 225 cupcakes - 75 white with raspberry filling, 75 chocolate with raspberry filling, and 75 carrot cake with cream cheese filling. And to my delighted surprise, each cupcake had its own unique fondant decoration upon either sandy-looking or sea-blue frosting, including mini flippy-floppies, surfboards, palm trees, pineapples...

I highly recommend you get onto Mary's calendar if you have a special event that requires a fabulous cake. And, if you mention this blog, you will get a 5% discount. Check out her link above for more pictures and information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)