Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 4

The poem for today was How God Answers the Soul. Today I was struck by the idea that God yearns to be loved from the heart. Yesterday, I wrote that God wanted me to acknowledge him. I theorized that if I acknowledged God the way I should, my natural response would be to love Him out of gratitude as I realized how much he continually gives me.

So today I pondered God's nature. God yearns to be loved by me, from my heart? In my mind, it seems so strange that God would yearn for anything. God created me with a similar yearning for love (and sidenote, I have spent much of my life attempting to fulfill that yearning with "all the wrong things."), and I still can't quite wrap my head around the idea that God yearns for anything, least of all my love. And yet Jesus said, Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind!


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)