Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hardware!



Like the Mighty Ducks or the Miracle on Ice, my volleyball team prevailed against countless odds to bring home the bacon. Except we didn't win the whole thing. So perhaps we're more like Cool Runnings? But we didn't crash and burn. Hmmm. I guess we're more like an after-school special: We played in the Championship match of the Silver Division of the tournament, and took second place (and developed some character along the way) *Cue cheesy music*

Ask me in person and I will talk your ear off passionately about the day, but to sum it all up, our first game of the day was quite reminiscent of our last tournament, and I was bracing for a very long day. As the day went on, we got progressively better, until suddenly we were in the semifinal match pushing a third game with an intensity heretofore unknown. It was amazing.

Every single girl on our nine person team stepped up their game. Nobody was the all star. It was the most beautiful team effort I have ever seen. I'm a dork... but I almost cried when we won the semifinal game and were headed for the championship. The championship game itself was intense, as we lost the first game, came back to win the second, and pushed the score to 12-12 before a serving run finished us off.

God is good. Days like these make it all worthwhile.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)