Monday, March 14, 2011

Daylight Savings

I can't recall how many times I missed the memo on Daylight Savings, but I know its been more than once. I clearly recall walking in late to at least three different churches in my lifetime. But, as I am now older and wiser, I am very aware of Daylight Savings. Sunday went off without a hitch.

Coincidentally, Daughter has been making big strides in her development. This past year, we have stopped tucking her in at night. Instead, we pray as a family downstairs, sing a song (current favorites are the Star Spangled Banner or America The Beautiful), and then send Daughter up to bed.

Do you see where this is going?

This morning my alarm went off at 6 a.m. But I just couldn't get out of bed. I finally rolled out at 6:30 a.m., walked to the kitchen to make coffee, and noticed it was eerily quiet...

[INSERT EXPLICATIVE HERE]!

I yelled upstairs, "[Daughter!] Are you up? What are you doing?"

The response was a sleepy, "getting dressed..."

Sigh. Daughter's alarm clock is set to go off at 5:30 a.m., giving her plenty of time to get ready for school and eat breakfast without a mom following her around harassing her continually to hurry up so she doesn't miss the bus. Like today.

When Daughter gets up at 5:30 a.m., she is usually on the couch watching TV anywhere from 6:45 a.m. on a really good day, to 7:15 a.m. on a really bad day. So you can see why the 7:30 a.m. bus is going to be stressful for the 6:30 a.m. wake-up call. To make matters slightly worse and more stressful, I'm running behind now too, and for some reason we seem to be constantly in each other's way!

Thankfully, Daughter was ready in time to catch the bus. She ate a FiberOne bar while watching for the bus, instead of her leisurely bowl of cereal, piece of fruit, and orange juice, but I think she'll be OK. I did randomly find a banana in the living room after she got on the bus, but chalked it up to my good fortune and threw it in my purse for own personal enjoyment.

Daughter made the bus, I was only twenty minutes late to class, and nobody got hurt. Really, what more can one ask of a Monday?


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

1 comment:

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)