Sunday, March 13, 2011

He Was There

Today's reflection was to imagine a journey with Jesus as my companion throughout my life. The memories that came to my mind had to do with the formation of my family.

I relived the moment when Husband's eyes met mine on one of our first encounters, and I knew that there was a lot more to him than meets the eye (and I was totally right about that one)(I mean, God was totally right about that one).

I was brought back to the moment when Daughter ran up to the front of church during worship. She was twelve, and I thought she had permission to participate. Apparently not. However, everyone in the room was moved as Daughter led the community in worship by doing the children's actions to Days of Elijah.

And I recalled sitting on a bus with the teenager on our way to a national convention... it was a three-day Greyhound bus ride to Anaheim, and it was full of adventure.

Finally, I relived the moment when, as a young child, I asked Jesus into my heart. My Grandma was there. We had always had a special relationship, and it didn't occur to me until tonight that a large part of our bond was created on that night. She passed away last July. I miss her.

I'm not gonna lie. I was pretty tired today due to my weekend retreat, and I found myself dozing off every now and then. Even so, it was a pretty fantastic collection of memories for God to put in my heart. If only I could be more contemporaneously aware of his continuous presence, his constant encouragement, and the joy he takes in my life.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)