Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break

My last Spring Break will be spent writing my last major paper for law school. The finished product needs to be approximately 22 pages. Pages completed at this point? Zero.

Today's reading was Mark 10:46-52. The reflection materials asked, "What do I want to say to Jesus about what I desire?" My first thought is how petty my requests are compared to Bartimaeus' request for sight. My next thought is how Bartimaeus really laid it all on the line. He had nothing to lose, except a little public humiliation, and so much to gain. He ignored the crowd's rebukes, and yelled louder for Jesus' attention. I am challenged to have faith like Bartimeaus, that casts aside fear of disappointment and directly makes a request to God. No qualifiers, no "but ifs," just laid out there: "Rabbi, I want to see."

I wrote down some key desires of my heart, and I'm going to try to let go of my need to protect myself from disappointment. I'm going to try and get comfortable with the idea that right now, I need to have the courage to present my desire to God with 100% confidence in His power and judgment.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)