Thursday, March 10, 2011

I will wait for the Lord!

First, let me send you here if you are interested in doing this Lent Retreat with me. Prof. Stabile has uploaded the reading document, as well as her introductory speech.

This week's theme is becoming more aware of God's love for me. Today's reflection encouraged me to think about the miracle of my adoption, that God would select the right genetic materials and then place it in the precise environment to grow during those pivotal, formative years. I reflect on how my genetic qualities (temper, courage, confrontational, intelligent, high-energy, ambition, aggressive, sensitive) were ingredients for failure in the wrong environment, but that God placed me in a Christian home with a mom and dad who provided the environment where I learned honesty, a farmer's work ethic, the importance of family, a sense of humor and ability to laugh at myself, and where I was introduced to my Savior, Jesus Christ.

And through this experience, God put a new heart in me, that I could adopt the Teenager and Daughter into my heart as my own children.

Finally, as I read through Psalm 130, I was brought to my mountain scene again. This time I saw myself at the beginning of the journey, being handed off as a baby to my parents from my genetic parents (I imagine my genetic mother looking kind of like me, and my genetic father is kind of like Darth Vader in that he has a huge fur-lined trim on his parka so I can't see his face...). I then saw Husband and I waiting at the crossroads in the mountains, waiting for God to tell us what to do, waiting for God "more than watchmen wait for the morning." It was interesting to note that yesterday I was alone on my walk, with the Holy Spirit, but today other people joined me. I'm excited to see who else I will meet along the way!

One more thing - the dear friend who fasted for an evening meal notified me that she felt convicted to give up chocolate for Lent. Praise God that I don't feel that same conviction in the slightest!


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

1 comment:

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)