Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 10: End of Quest #4

Quest #4 was a rousing success. Daughter and I are on much better terms. The biggest improvement is my tone - instead of angry and frustrated demands, I'm making calm and patient requests. And tonight she sought me out, sat on the couch next to me, and began chattering away. I'm glad I left my pointless nagging in my 20's!

Other Quest updates: Although I had to run to catch the bus twice this week, I haven't missed it! In the morning, the key is to park at the far end of the lot and then run towards the bus... would you be able to drive away if you saw a grey SUV careen around the corner (after running the red turn arrow, but seriously if nobody is coming what is the point of sitting at a red turn arrow?), park on the farthest end of the lot, out hops a harried Asian girl with no makeup (in the purse) and slight limp as she runs in her businessware the 1/8 mile to the bus in such a fashion that if you drive forward you would run her over? No, you would not drive away, and neither have the bus drivers I have encountered.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I have a bad day, I'm going to have to put that image of you running to the bus in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love watching people run to catch the bus, and I usually laugh when the bus doesn't stop for them. That's pretty impressive ... I'm pretty sure they're not SUPPOSED to stop. Oh, and I hope you don't have an ichthus fish on your car ... what with all of the traffic violations.

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)