Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 3: Can you believe it's Day 3?

I am an amazing pack rat. But it comes in handy. For example, I opened up an anniversary card from my parents, where my mom had written "Can you believe it's been two years?" I then opened up another anniversary card, where my mom wrote "Can you believe it's been four years?"

I'm still laughing. Now, had I thrown them away I would never have known my mom had pre-written all my anniversary cards and simply changed the number...

The idea behind a Coach is that she makes you do what you don't want to do, but you need to do in order to reach your goals. Coach has all sorts of crazy ideas: for example, instead of filling up space with crap, think about what you actually really want/use and throw the rest. Example: Coach asks, why are you keeping all these old textbooks? I respond, because I bought them and they look nice. I realize I never use them, and since I am now in law school, I really have no need to reference "Educational Psychology." So now my bookshelves look like this:



I am also very happy that we moved the computers all to one desk.



And that we threw away an obscene number of writing utensils, binders and plastic sheet protectors. If you would like a box of binders and hundreds of plastic sheet protectors, let me know ASAP on the blog; I threw away at least two dozen binders and am donating another dozen to the thrift store, while keeping a dozen of my favorites. As far as sheet protectors, I am keeping about two inches worth and threw away the remaining inch. I pared down my writing utensils by 90% - at least a few hundred ended up in the garbage bag. Like children who hoard food, I apparently hoard select office supplies for fear I will run out.

As you can see, I still have some sorting work to do. Coach and I went to Walmart and purchased these beautiful clear, see-through "archive" boxes: one for each member of the family.




Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! The scary room isn't looking so scary anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments - your characters will fare well in the made-for-tv movie!

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)