Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 10: End of Quest #5...and the Underwear Story

My SCARY ROOM is still SCARY. Sigh!

What does this mean? Must I resign myself to living in an unorganized cluttered mess for the next decade? On the positive side, I definitely got rid of stuff. I have a new perspective on paper, and have spent several hours chipping away at my four drawers of overstuffed hanging files. Cosmetically, the room needs a lot of work; but on the "inside" of the room (drawers, shelves, storage under the bed) things have really improved.

I'll keep working on it. Realistically, I'm not sure it's going to get done before the great vacation season begins on Friday.

On another note, in honor of Father's Day, I shall regale you with a few of my favorite father stories. I put quite a few gray hairs on my dad's head simply by being a teenage girl. In junior high, my dad and I shared a bathroom upstairs, and airhead that I was I left a used maxi pad (wrapped in toilet paper) on his reader's digest.

Closely related is the infamous Underwear Story. For whatever reason, I was carrying my most ugly, old, stained-and-holey underwear back to my room upstairs. I was downstairs, and my dad and the pastor were at the computer station working at the top of the stairs. I didn't want anyone to see this hideous underwear, so I tucked it into the elastic waistband of my pajamas. I went upstairs, hugged my dad good night, and went to my room.

I got to my room, shut the door, and was about to put the underwear into a drawer when... hey where's my underwear? And horrified I turned around, opened the door a crack and saw it lying an inch away from MY PASTOR! I shut the door and leaned against it, wondering what to do. Keep in mind, I'm in junior high; not only does my pastor now know I wear underwear, but that I wear disgusting ugly stained-and-holey underwear. Well, I couldn't just leave it there.

Resigned, I turned around, opened the door... and there was my hero-dad, walking toward my room while awkwardly kicking the underwear with an expression of "Is this my life?" on his face. He didn't say a word. For once in my life, I didn't say a word. He just kicked it into my room, our eyes met, and he went back to work on the computer with the pastor.

And that's why I love my dad. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD! You are too funny! Thanks for the belly laugh.

    If you figure out the scary room whilst meandering through other quests, please share your success with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not laughing alone :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)