Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 3: Chips

It's been a long day. Six hours of sleep, took the late bus home, hungry...

Daughter is excited to see me, and runs into the kitchen.

"You're home!"
Hi daughter. How was school?
"Great!"
Tomorrow's the last day of school - (I say as I dip a corn chip into some guacamole)
"Yup!"
Are you having a party?
"No."
Oh, what are you doing for the last day of school?
*Shrug* "Don't know."
Are you cooking?
"Yes."
What are you cooking (I ask as I take a bite of chip)
"Chips."

Really, I ask myself? Really, you're cooking chips? Or are you just saying that because you're watching me eat chips? I'm tired. I Obsessively-compulsively want to know if she really IS making chips, or if she is just saying chips because she sees me eating chips.

But, since I am striving to reach a better me, I let it go. OK, I didn't let it go at first. FIRST, I asked daughter if she was really cooking chips, to which she replied No. That is the WORST - when she changes her answer. Now there is a 50-50 chance that she really IS making chips, or that she is just saying chips because she sees me eating chips, and now realizes that she was telling a lie. Although I'm not sure daughter is truly capable of telling a lie; more than likely, she doesn't really understand the question.

On the bright side, after the 50-50 answer, I really did just let it go. But I might send her teacher an email asking if they are cooking chips tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. As I was reading this... my thought was "you got six hours of sleep?!? How lucky are you!"

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)