Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mini-Quest: Freak out? (Spa Day!)


La la la! Stress free is me... why the sudden change, you ask?

Spa Shiki.

A manicure, a pedicure, a body treatment to address the stress in my back, a dry heat and traditional sauna, a meditation room, and a whirlpool. Calming music, lemon water, a fuzzy robe... Daughter was relaxing watching her portable DVD player with headphones; Husband and teenager were doing a more active spa: sauna until they can't stand it, then run to the nearby pool. Everyone was taken care of.

We arrived at 11 a.m. The first hour or two was in and out of my zen place, as daughter was getting her hair cut and husband and teenager were roaming around. But between 1:30 and 3:30 I was blessedly alone! I saunaed, I read, I saunaed... and suddenly, I wanted to see my family! So I hung out at the whirlpool and caught the guys as they were in the middle of their active spa and convinced them to hang out for a while. Luckily, we had the place to ourselves because our laughter would have likely disrupted anyone else's peaceful zen!

Since Tuesday's spa, I have gained a little perspective. Daughter lost her headband somewhere between Missouri and Minnesota. Oh well. Believe it or not, I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)