Monday, June 21, 2010

Quest-less Day at Work

Today was crazy - missed the 7:32 a.m. bus, which worked out OK because the next bus station gets more service and therefore, when I had to work until 6:45 p.m. today, it wasn't a problem (the last bus leaves for the most northern station at 5:50 p.m.). It was sort of weird to follow my usual bus down to the next station... and yes, at 6:45 p.m. I did have to sprint a block to catch the bus.

Since most of my day was spent at work, my laugh-out-loud moment of the day was work-related. At a firm-sponsored lunch meeting we had Potbelly sandwiches. Yum, right? My YUM is multiplied exponentially with the amount of onions I add. But somehow, after taking my seat, I became pinned in my spot due to a large number of people in a small conference room. My route to the onions was blocked by a coworker who was trying to get her chair around the corner of the table to the other side. I had a strong interest in helping her succeed because then I could get my onions.

However, on my right is a senior partner. I am a lowly clerk. As I was helping my coworker, awkwardly while sitting in my chair, I kept bumping into his chair. And I would apologize, and the voice in my head would tell me to stop obsessing about onions and act like a professional. But I just couldn't resist. And then, as I was leaning over to help the wheel get over his chair -- SMACK!

I hit the partner in the arm.

It wasn't a full-out punch. But it wasn't the aforementioned light taps. It was relatively solid, and after a stunned silence I started giggling. And luckily, so did the partner. Ironically, this is not the first time I've physically attacked my superiors. Last week, I watched horrified as the elevator doors almost closed on the arm of a senior partner -- and yes, I was the only person on the elevator.

Other than assault and battery, work is going great! (And yes, I did get those onions).

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)