Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 6: Make a Joyful Noise

One thing about daughter is that she loves to sing. Choirfriend has mainstreamed daughter with the high school choir, daughter loves praise and worship at church, and she sings along with Hannah Montana nonstop.

She is at a moment in her singing career that I, too, remember having. It was the day that I thought I could sing along with any song, even if I didn't know the words, because I was SUCH a good singer I could simply hear the word and then sing it and nobody was the wiser.

My loving father put an end to that ("Let's just listen to the tape!"). And while I kind of understood why then, I TOTALLY understand now.

Perhaps you, too, have been around a singer who obviously has no idea what the words are, but sings along anyways. And I admit, in the privacy of my car, I still often belt out the wrong words ("Se-cret Asian Man! Se-cret Asian Man!"). I don't have a solution for every moment, but I found out on Sunday that one way to reduce Sunday-morning singing-stress is to sit next to the speakers.

(And yes, the family found this out because we were a little late getting into church. But that's another quest).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)