Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 1: How many points in a mac and cheese wedge?

Today I am faced with the reason counting weightwatchers points is so hard: how do you deal with foods, like mac and cheese wedges, when you don't know their caloric content?

I had a House Salad and half an order of fried mac and cheese wedges for dinner. How does one determine the points? I looked online and there is no help. I had a granola bar for breakfast (4 points), left over vegetables and lamb chops from dinner last night (6 points) and a piece of triolade (let's say 3 points, since the nutritional information is in German), and a beverage and a breadstick with dinner (5 points) for 18 points, not counting the mystery meal. I get 24 points per day, plus 35 "flex" per week.

So... this site says LOTS of calories... so 10 points for the salad (I only had half the salad, which I admit might be more than 1 cup, but this isn't a hard science).

OK, let's make a deal. I'll take 10 points for them as well, which means I'm at 38 points worth, which is 14 points over, which leaves me 16 flex points for the week. Ugh I apologize for this boring and mathematically challenged entry. I brought my leftovers home, but I have now decided they are destined for either Teenager's lunch, or the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)