Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 5: Double-digit lunch....

Well...

In my defense, I owed co-clerk lunch. She offered to do a project for me when I was leaving for vacation, and then while I was gone the project turned into weekend work for her... I love my co-clerk, and thus I shower her with food (like Triolade).

We both brought lunch today. Yes, I actually packed my lunch today! Step one - check. BUT I failed on Step two - eat lunch. Instead, co-clerk and I went to Masa for lunch. The three items for $10 is very economical and tasty... but you can't go to Masa without getting their white rice. I asked if white rice could take the place of a mini-entree, and apparently I asked a little too eagerly because they said no, just knowing I would succumb and purchase the rice anyways.

And tax and tip. For a grand total of $33. Even if we subtract co-clerk's bill, my week total is already at $19.

Oh dear.

On the plus side, I asked Husband if he was appalled at how much I spent in Europe, and he responded he didn't know yet because the amounts were all still in foreign currencies. So I probably should use my credit card now, before Husband and his new Swiss Army Knife get a hold of it after the bill converts into dollars...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)