Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 6: Will Present For Food!

Today I served on a panel at law school to share about my experience in the OCI (or "On Campus Interviewing" process). LawLady was also there, and I'm sure we confused everyone because our strategies couldn't be more different! She is essentially the poster child of Career and Professional Services - she has great grades, a great interviewing personality, wears pearls and a black suit to interviews, and is focused on the work. I am the rebel applicant. I'm me... maybe a little "too" me. I wore big jewelry, I dared to utter the words "work-life balance" in my cover letter, and once at the end of an interview I told the firm representative (politely) that I would save him some time and withdraw from applying, because I didn't think we would be a good fit. We both got jobs... so what does that tell you?

Anyways, lunch was provided - always a plus!


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)