Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hometown Weekend

The weekend was spent in Hometown, a small rural town of 600 people nestled among corn field, bean fields, and dairy farms. Highlights included celebrating SweetTalker and FarmerBoy's upcoming baby - who Daughter has named Miley Cyrus, and has predicted will come next Sunday - and participating in the Two-Club Tournament.

If we're being honest, actually playing in the Two-Club Tournament was not very much "fun" because, having not played golf all summer, I STUNK (And even more aggravating is the fact that me stinking it up isn't really a surprise to the rest of the family. I dream for the day when I amaze everyone with my flawless game...) FarmerBoy won easily, since GolfRat suddenly had to work. Dad, Husband and Teenager all placed respectably. I generally stopped keeping score towards the end.

But the meaning behind the Two-Club Tournament makes the humiliation worth it! The tournament started as a tribute to my late Grandpa, who could kick any grandkid's butt with only a 5 Iron and a Putter. The simplicity, the skill, the confidence... This year the tournament kind of fell together at the last minute due to lack of time to plan, but next year I foresee a little more time and perhaps a new trophy - for the highest score, that is!

The weekend was also marked with great family moments: hanging out with SpunkyAunt, having a special moment with a sweet cousin, laughing at the daily adventures of my GolfPro Uncle, catching up with SuperDuper's parents, not to mention the laughter shared with my immediate family. It's good for the soul to see family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)