Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 4/14: Lunch of the Summer: Woohoo!

It happened people. Remember how I said this week I needed someone to pay me $5 to have lunch? Well, I walked away from this lunch with a new associate's salary, plus benefits!!!

The whole event was a suspenseful play. Act I was when the recruiting partner alluded he would know next week whether I could work during the school year, and when co-clerk and I got emails for Friday afternoon lunch to "answer any questions we might have." We dared to hope.

Act II began when the partner walked into the library to take us to lunch. I let out a big "Woohoo!" (Hey, I was hungry). We rode down the elevator. I asked where we were going, and the partner pointed to the nearby seafood restaurant. Without thinking, I let out another "Woohoo!"

I think I'm nervous.

Act III begins with the three of us sitting down in the restaurant. After some small talk, the speech begins. It seems like this is it. As he spoke, my mind wandered to Husband's marriage proposal... Wait, here it is... "And this is our formal offer..."

It seemed like I was supposed to say something. I looked at the partner and said, "It's taking a lot of effort to hold my third cheer in."

He smiled and did it for me. "Woohoo!"

For an encore of humor, I can barely contain my excitement after lunch. I managed to contain my excitement until co-clerk and I parted ways with the partner in the elevator bank. I turned to co-clerk and said, you know that part in Love Actually (click here) She nodded, and I proceeded to turn around and skip and jump and wave my arms in the air and then... unlike the movie scene... I forgot to mouth my excitement and semi-screamed, "IT HAPPENED" in the elevator lobby.

And as we popped out on the other side of the elevators on our way to get coffee, we saw the partner also walking, and DEFINITELY in earshot.

Sigh. I am such a dork!


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! This is great :) Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)