Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 11: E & G's and the Firm Family Event

For lunch I had Erbert and Gerbert's Jacob Bluefinger, with wheat bread. I was appalled to find out here that I only saved 10 calories by having wheat instead of white! For 10 calories, I'm never choosing honey wheat again. For 100, maybe...

So that's 12 Weightwatcher points in sandwich. If I'd had white, it would be 14 Weighwatcher points. Sliced honey wheat is 9 WW points. So perhaps it is a good idea to do wheat - and an even better idea to try this "sliced honey wheat" which I think means I get a sandwich instead of a sub roll.

Tonight the law firm hosted a family outing to watch the local minor baseball team. It would be my family's first debut as a unit at a firm event. I joked with husband that I just wanted everyone to think we were a normal family - to which he replied that one look at us: two 30-year-olds with a 6'6" blond kid and our special-needs daughter - would reveal we were anything but normal! :-)

To ease my nerves, husband and I played the game, "What's the worst that could happen?" We decided husband and daughter both throwing up, and perhaps throwing in a bout of diarrhea. Luckily, the most exciting thing that happened was when a high-ranking partner was laughing behind us, and daughter turned to stare at him and then said to me loud enough for him to hear, "Silly man." I looked at her, looked and him, and said with a laugh, "Yes, he is a silly man." I turned back around, holding my breath, until I heard the partner laugh and say to himself, Yes, I am a silly man. Whew! So the family debut? Great success!


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)