Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 14: Manna

For lunch today, I had a coke and two slices of Davanni's sausage pizza. I went here to calculate my calories - it's 262 calories a piece, for a total of 524 calories. That is 6 WW points each, for a total of 12 WW points... and 3 WW points for my can of coke... Ugh good thing I hauled a box of food six blocks and up three flights of stairs!

My lunch was free today, courtesy of Manna at law school. Manna is a nondenominational reflection activity offered at law school, where professors and students will share. I spoke today about my road to law school. The outline was:

1. Jeremiah 29:11 - My road to law school began with "leaving" teaching... As I said today, I technically resigned, but they definitely brought it up first :-) But God had a plan!

2. Psalm 127:1-2 - My first year was spent obsessively working, to the detriment of Husband and my family. I learned that year that it doesn't matter how Much or how Long I studied, if God wasn't in it, I wasn't going to succeed.

3. Mathew 16:24-26 - My second year was spent trying to find peace amidst the seductive beckoning of the world. Fame, fortune, and approval are constant temptations, and it is so easy to think you can put everything on hold for "just a few more days/months/years" and then live the life you Really want. I was pretty close to losing the really important things once, and I Hope to avoid getting remotely close to that situation ever again!

Some good law school friends came, it was a really emotional presentation. Law school has been hard, but by the grace of God I'm still married with two kids, and have a great job post-graduation.


border="0" alt="Hit Counters">


Web Site Hit Counters

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Reminder: The Administrator deletes messages that identify freetobeme350 :-)